Quality Indicators are research-based standards which support a quality physical setting in child care programs. Quality Indicators must be verified on-site by a child care licensor during an annual unannounced inspection. You must request that a licensor verify indicators prior to your next annual unannounced inspection by logging into the Child Care Licensing portal.
- A list of the specific quality indicators and points is available above.
- A quality indicator incentive may be awarded based on the indicators verified during an unannounced inspection.
- The amount of the incentive will be based on your program’s license capacity and the percentage of children in your care who receive subsidy payments from the Department of Workforce Services.
- The incentive can be used for professional development, to purchase materials and in other approved ways that support quality child care.
- Upon verbal request of the provider during the announced inspection, indicators can be reviewed for purposes of receiving technical assistance only.