A current Demonstrated Competency is required for Career Ladder Level 4
- 1. A current Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential issued by the Council for Professional Recognition
- 2. A current Certified Childcare Professional (CCP) Credential issued by National Early Childhood Program Accreditation (NECPA)
- 3. A Current National Administrator's Credential (NAC) + 60 hours career ladder approved courses + Observation
4. A Utah High School CTE Skills Certificate in Early Childhood Eduation 1A & 1B or Early Childhood Education 2 awarded within last 3 years
- 5. An Early Childhood (or Elementary for those working with school age children) Practicum or Student Teaching Course from an accredited college or university within the last 3 years
6. A current School-Age Credential issued by the Utah Afterschool Network (UAN)
In order to keep Level 4 current, new demonstrated competency documentation must be submitted to URPD before the expiration date of the previously submitted credential.
The High School Skills Certificate and Practicum Course demonstrated competencies will expire three years after the certificate issue date or the completion of the course. After three years, professionals will need to choose one of the other four options if they would like to keep their demonstrated competency current.
Professionals on Career Ladder Levels 4-8 who have earned their demonstrated competency through a previous option, or have let their credential expire, will maintain their level on the Career Ladder, but it will be listed as expired until the demonstrated competency documentation is current.
Professionals on Career Ladder Level 9 or above that have earned a college degree do not need to maintain a current demonstrated competency.
- Observation Information
- Approved URPD Observers
- Observer Application and Payment Request